The Reserve Officer, under direct supervision, completes the following duties:
- Controls traffic and investigates vehicle accidents
- Enforces state and local traffic regulations, laws, and ordinances
- Performs law enforcement and crime prevention work
- Performs related work as assigned or required on a volunteer basis
- Responds to call-outs for city emergencies
- Transports prisoners
Our Reserve Officers routinely perform uniform patrol functions side by side with full-time Officers. In addition to supplementing the Patrol Division, the Reserve Officer will also provide a police presence at community events such as the Fremont Festival of the Arts, Niles Flea Market and various school functions like football games and dances.
The Fremont Police Department has a complement of Level I, II, and III Reserve Officers. The Reserve Management consists of the ranks of Sergeant and Patrol Officer. The positions allow ample growth and career advancement in the field of law enforcement.
If you are interested in our Reserve Program, have any questions that you would like to address to our Reserve Officers regarding their experience, or would like to obtain their services for a special event, please contact Lt. Brian Shadle.