The Fremont Police Department is responsible for the enforcement of local and state parking laws, regulations and restrictions that have been violated. The rules governing parking enforcement are defined by both the State of California Vehicle Code and the Fremont Municipal Code.
The registered owner or lessee of the vehicle cited shall within 21 calendar days, either:
- Pay the parking penalty, or
- Submit a written explanation by mail requesting a review of the citation by the processing center. View further details on how to appeal a citation.
- For correctable registration or equipment violations, the Certificate of Correction (see bottom section on the back of your citation) must be completed by either an employee of the Department of Motor Vehicles, a certified installation inspection station or an officer at any police or highway patrol office during regular business hours.
Handicapped Parking Citations
The California Vehicle Code allows local agencies to reduce a Handicapped Placard Citation to an administrative fee of $25, if within 21 days the registered owner provides all of the following documentation:
- A valid handicapped placard (valid on the date of violation)
- The handicapped placard registration issued by DMV
- $25 Administrative Fee
How to Pay a Parking Citation
If you receive a parking citation in Fremont and are ready to pay the ticket, you have several options to choose from.
Pay by Telephone: 1-800-989-2058 (MasterCard, VISA, Discover or Debit Cards are accepted)
Pay by Mail: (make checks payable to City of Fremont):
City of Fremont
Citation Processing Center
P.O. Box 2730
Huntington Beach, CA 92647-2730
Indigent Payment Plans
The City of Fremont will accept the following documents as proof that an individual is indigent, for payment plan requests, in accordance with Government Code sections 68632(a) and 68632(b):
Proof of income from a pay stub or another form of proof of earnings, such as a bank statement that shows the individual meets the income criteria set forth in subdivision (b) of section 68632 of the Government Code.
Proof of receipt of benefits under the programs described in subdivision (a) of section 68632 of the Government Code. Proof of receipt will consist of a copy of the most recent Verification of benefits form, Notice of Action (Approval) Letter or Award Letter.
- Supplemental Security Income (SSI)
- California Work Opportunity (CalWorks)
- Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (Food Stamps)
- County Relief, General Relief (GR), or General Assistance (GA)
- Cash Assistance Program for Aged, Blind, and Disabled Legal Immigrants.
- In Home Supportive Services
If a person has no income or does not receive Public Assistance, a copy of their yearly earnings from the Social Security Department is required for proof.
For indigent person assistance with parking violations please go to the Citation Processing Center or mail requests to:
The Citation Processing Center
PO Box 10479
Newport Beach, CA 92658-0479
For additional assistance please contact:
Fremont PD Traffic Unit